Once one has determined that they need a visa, the purpose of their visit and the appropriate visa fee to pay, the following steps should be followed to lodge an application. These steps can either be performed in advance of arrival by mailing the forms to the appropriate Zambian Mission or have their information and fee ready when arriving at the port of entry.
- Completion of the visa application form (Form 16) in duplicate (photocopies are accepted).
- Obtain two recent passport size photographs signed on the back of each
- Collect supporting documentation
If traveling for business, studies, official (government), church or volunteer purposes:
- A cover letter specifying the nature of the intended business
- Certificate of Incorporation of Intended Business Company
- Flight itinerary or return air ticket
If traveling for tourism purposes:
- Flight or tour itinerary and / or copy of air ticket
If traveling for private visit purposes:
- Invitation letter and current immigration status of host.
- Submit documentation with associated fee to the nearest Zambian Foreign Mission.
- Reminder: These are general guidelines and different procedures exist for certain individuals.
Please follow this link, website, for detailed relevant information such as applicable fees and appropriate application forms
(For Clients applying for Residence, Diplomatic, Spouse, Business, Visiting, Study, Temporary, Employment, Temporary Employment, Investor’s, Cross Border, Asylum Seekers, and Transit Permits as well as Border passes and Visas)
Guiding Principles in the issuance of Permits and Visas
The Department’s ‘Immigration Policy’ is based on the following four (4) principles:
- An Immigrant to Zambia must have a contribution to make in form of skills, profession or capital.
- An Immigrant should not deprive a Zambian of employment;
- An Immigrant should not be a charge on the state.
- An Immigrant intending to settle in Zambia must be in possession of a permit.
Single Entry Visa – R570
Multiple Entry Visa – R910
Document Authentication – R120