During the presentation of the 2015 National Budget, the Minister of Finance directed the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to ensure that all listed Companies on the Lusaka Stock Exchange (LuSE) complied with the LuSE minimum free (public) float requirements of 25% of the shares. In this regard, the Finance Minister announced GRZ’s intention to reduce its shareholding in ZCCM-IH from 87.5% to 60.3% by selling some of its shares (GRZ Sell Down or Transaction). The objectives of the Preferential Secondary Market Offer are as follows:
- To increase economic participation of Zambian citizens in economic development through a Preferential Secondary Market Offer of shares to Zambian citizens;
- To ensure a broad distribution of shares in order to increase the liquidity and trading of ZCCM-IH shares on the LuSE;
- To comply with LuSE Listings Requirements regarding the minimum percentage of shareholding available to the public;
- Implement GRZ’s initial intention of the second phase of privatisation, specifically the sale of part of its shares in ZCCM-IH; and
- To raise revenue for the Treasury through the sale of GRZ’s shares in ZCCM-IH.
The primary rationale for the Preferential Secondary Market Offer is to afford Zambian citizens the opportunity to invest in Zambia’s mining industry, and the Zambian capital market, through an investment in ZCCM-IH.
On facebook, Zambians can search for ‘ZCCM IH SHARES’ and like the page or email
email@example.com for more information. The offer ends on Monday, 30th November, 2015.
For the Information Supplement :
- On page 27 is the application form for the shares. People can fill it in and submit to any stockbroker. The stockbroker details and addresses can be found on page 29.
- The minimum purchase is 20 shares at K38 per share (K760), then in lots of 10 if you are purchasing extra (ie 20, 30, 40 shares etc)
Download a copy of the information supplement through:
If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact:
Joseph M. Lungu
ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc
Mukuba Pension House | 5309 Dedan Kimathi Road
P.O. Box 30048 | Lusaka | Zambia
| Mobile: +260978059479